9. 10. 2008

Tips for trainer, presenter

Help! What if I can’t answer a question during or after my presentation?

This is one of the most common fears that presenters voice to me. You are likely feeling vulnerable when someone, especially a boss or important client or prospect asks you a question and you can’t answer it. I sympathize with you; really, I do. But it is important to keep your potential problems in perspective.

Every time I speak to a large audience of 100, 500 or more, I ask the following question, “How many of you remember a time when you saw a presenter who couldn’t answer a question and it was embarrassing for the presenter?” Sure enough, 10 or 20% of the hands go up. So yes, this is real and legitimate concern.

But then I ask a second question, “How many of you remember hearing a presenter talk and the person was so boring, so deadly dull, that you didn’t remember anything that person said?” .....

more on: http://www.tjwalker.com/2008/10/08/help-what-if-i-can’t-answer-a-question-during-or-after-my-presentation/

http://www.tjwalker.com/index.php

Žiadne komentáre: